Application for Membership
Per our constitution:
Membership shall be open to any person who subscribes to the aims and objects of the association and who pays the prescribed fee for a membership year (currently free of charge).
To apply to become a member of the Association a person must:
- submit an application for membership to the Committee:
- (i) in a form approved by the Committee (this online form); and
- (ii) signed by the person
Objects and purposes
The purpose of the Association is to be a focus for multidisciplinary activity in support of primary health care in remote and Indigenous Australia.
The objects of the Association are as follows:
- To improve health and medical services available to people living in Central, remote and rural Australia.
CARPA shall advance its objects by the following means:
- To provide expertise and governance for the maintenance of a standard treatment manual for use in central and northern Australian practice.
- To provide opportunities for multidisciplinary education and training.
- To provide a multidisciplinary forum to address primary health care issues in Central Australia.
- To provide a place for multidisciplinary interaction on primary health policy.
- To provide a vehicle for primary health care workers to play a public health advocacy role
- To do any other legal activity to further the mission of CARPA